The Hunter Apartments Tenant Selection Policy
The Hunter Apartments LLC is a multifamily apartment complex located at 902 Henderson Dr. Ogden, Utah 84404.
The mailing address for complex is:
The Hunter Apartments LLC
P.O. Box 3284
Ogden, UT 84409
A. All applicants over the age of 18 must submit an application packet that they received from The Hunter Apartments LLC. These applications may be picked up in person or requested to be mailed. No applications from other sources will be considered.
B. The application packet contains:
1. Application (one for each member over the age of 18)
2. Tenant selection policy
C. All applicants over the age of 18 must provide valid photo identification (photo ID), Social Security Card, and a completed application.
1. To be considered valid the photo ID must be current and issued by a Federal or State agency of the United States of America. Identification cards issued by foreign governments cannot be used for identification purposes.
2. A Driving Privilege Card issued by the Utah DMV, or the equivalent issued by another state, may not be used for identification purposes.
3. An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) may not be used for identification purposes.
D. AN INCOMPLETE OR INACCURTE APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED.
E. All required signatures must be signed in the presence of management with a photo ID applicants had identification previously verified by management, or notarized by a licensed notary republic.
F. Denied applicants will be notified in writing. Denied applicants have the right to appeal the denial within 14 days.
II. APPLICANT SCREENING CRITERIA
1. A minimum of 50% of an applicants open trade lines must be satisfactory. For example if an applicant has ten open trade lines and four are in arrears the applicant would still be eligible to rent depending on the remainder of application criteria. A trade line is considered open if it currently holds a balance or was paid in full in the past two years. Paid in full and closed longer that two years ago does not constitute and open trade line.
2. Reasons a trade line may be considered unsatisfactory may include but are not limited to:
a. Past due account.
b. An account that has placed for Collection.
c. Profit and loss write-off.
3. Multiple bankruptcies are an automatic denial.
4. Past due accounts to a utility company will bean automatic
5. Monies owed to a prior landlord or Management Company will be an automatic denial.
6. The management of The Hunter Apartments LLC reserves the right to examine extenuating circumstances including but not limited to verifiable medical issues and divorce with regards to a tenants credit history.
B. CRIMINAL HISTORY
1. Reasons for an applicant to be denied based on criminal background may include but are not limited to:
a. Convicted of a felonious or violent crime.
b. Convicted of drug related offense, excluding DUI or DWI.
c. Convicted of a sex based crime.
d. History of alcohol related disturbances. This may be an arrest, conviction, or prior rental reference.
e. Any arrest related to:
1. The manufacture, distribution, or use of illegal or controlled substances.
2. Any criminal act in which a firearm or weapon was used.
2. Both applicants, tenants, and their guests must adhere to guidelines set forth in the Ogden Cities Good Landlord Program (GLP). The GLP defines unacceptable behavior and criminal activity as “convicted of any crime involving any threat or damage to property or person, nor for any crime which had it been committed on the landlord’s premises would have disturbed the peaceful enjoyment of other tenants.”
C. PRIOR RENTAL HISTORY
1. The Hunter Apartments LLC requires a minimum of three years verifiable rental history. If the applicant does not have rental history for this duration a co-signer may be required.
2. Reasons for denial based on prior rental history may include but are not limited to:
a. Previous eviction.
b. Having an outstanding judgment from a prior landlord. This may include monies owed based on back rent, damage to the unit, fees and penalties, or any other monies owed to the past landlord.
c. Improper notice given to a prior landlord.
d. Any improper activities by the applicant or their guests at a prior rental
property as noted by the prior landlord or Police that may constitute a public
III. OCCUPANCY STANDARDS
A. An occupancy standard of a maximum of two persons per bedroom has been established.
IV. TRANSFER POLICY
A. There will be a transfer waiting list held by management. “Reasonable accommodation” transfer requests will be given priority.
B. Only tenants in good standing will be considered for a unit transfer.
C. An inspection of the unit will be completed before a tenant will be placed on the transfer list.
D. Excessive damage to an existing unit will be grounds for denial of a unit transfer until the unit is repaired to satisfactory condition. These repairs will be at the tenants expense.
E. In a unit transfer the initial move in deposit will not transfer units. The following steps will be completed, in order, once the transfer is approved.
1. The tenant will complete a transfer certification.
2. A new deposit will be established for the new unit.
3. The tenant must pay the new deposit in full.
4. The transfer is to be completed in a time frame agreed to by
5. The unit, once vacated, will be inspected.
6. The deposit, minus any non-normal wear and tear damage and
cleaning charges, will be refunded to the tenant.
V. FAIR HOUSING, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AND NONDISCRIMINATION
A. It is our intent to comply with all legislation governing Civil Rights (Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968) Executive Order 11063, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988, and any other legislation currently or in the future that protects the individual rights of tenants, applicants and staff.
B. The Hunter Apartments LLC does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, familial status, religion handicap, disability, national origin, or source of income.
C. In accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, The Hunter Apartments LLC will make appropriate reasonable accommodation for those applicants and/or residents with handicaps or disabilities.
A. This complex adheres to the Federal Privacy Act of 1974 and intends to adhere to any future legislation.
B. No information in our possession will be released without the written consent of the applicant or tenant.
C. Any information dealing with a handicap or disability will be considered private and treated confidentially.
The Hunter Apartments LLC does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, familial status, religion handicap, disability, national origin, or source of income.
Revised January 12, 2011